Global Micro Solutions Statutory Information
Promotion of Access to Information Act Section 51 Manual
This manual is published in terms of Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No. 2 of 2000) ("the Act"). The Act gives effect to the provisions of Section 32 of the Constitution, which provides for the right of access to information held by the State and to information held by another person that is required for the exercise and / or protection of any right.
This Manual is published in terms of Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No. 2 of 2000) ("the Act"). The Act gives effect to the provisions of Section 32 of the Constitution, which provides for the right of access to information held by the State and to information held by another person that is required for the exercise and / or protection of any right. The reference to any information in addition to that specifically required in terms of Section 51 of the Act does not create any right or entitlement (contractual or otherwise) to receive such information, other than in terms of the Act. Global Micro Solutions (Proprietary) Limited ("GMS") is an information technology company in the fields of hardware and software sales, consulting services and application service provision ("ASP").
Global Micro Solutions
Company Registration Number: 1995/005280/07
Income Tax Reference Number: 9215705840
VAT/Diesel Registration Number: 4290151432
PAYE Registration Number: 7550719472
SDL Registration Number: L550719472
UIF Registration Number: U550719472
2. Contact details [Section 51(1)(a)]
The Board of Directors of Global Micro Solutions have authorized any director of the company to deal with all matters in connection with requests for information in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000.
Postal Address : P.O. Box 2174, Parklands, 2121
Street Address : 5th Floor Global House, 28 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa
Telephone : +27 11 731 0600
Facsimile : +27 11 731 0601
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The section 10 Guide on how to use the Act [Section 51(1)(b)]
The Guide will be available from the South African Human Rights Commission by not later than August 2003. Please direct any queries to:
The South African Human Rights Commission:
PAIA Unit The Research and Documentation Department
Postal address: Private Bag 2700 Houghton 2041
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-0582
Human Rights Advice Line : 086 012 0120
4. Records available in terms of any other legislation [Section 51(1)(d)]
Information is available in terms of the following legislation, if and where applicable:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act No.75 of 1997
- Companies Act No.61 of 1973
- Compensation of Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act No.130 of 1993
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No.25 of 2002
- Income Tax Act 89 of 1991Value-Added Tax Act No.89 of 1991
- Labour Relations Act No.66 of 1995
- Employment Equities Act No.55 of 1998
- Skills Development Levies Act No.9 of 1999
- Promotion of Access to Information Act No.2 of 2000
5. Access to the records held by the private body in question [Sections 51(1)(c) and 51(1)(e)]
- Company documentation: availability determined upon request
- Departmental records: availability determined upon request
- Marketing agreements: availability determined upon request
- Financial documentation: availability determined upon request
- Employment contracts: availability determined upon request
- Trademark documentation: availability determined upon request
- Domain name registrations: availability determined upon request
- Internal policies and procedures: availability determined upon request
- Personnel records: availability determined upon request
- Customer records: availability determined upon request
Form of request:
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the head of the private body. This request must be made to the Board of Directors, Global Micro Solutions at address, fax number or electronic mail address as per Section 2 above. [s 53(1)].
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the Global Micro Solutions to identify the record and the requester. The requester should also indicate which form of access is required. The requester should also indicate if any other manner is to be used by Global Micro Solutions to inform the requester and state the necessary particulars to be so informed [s 53(2)(a) and (b) and (c)].
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right [s 53(2)(d)].
- If, in addition to a written reply from Global Micro Solutions, the requester wishes to be informed of a decision in respect of the request, the requester must provide Global Micro Solutions with the manner in which this response is to take place and the relevant contact details.
- If a request is made on behalf of a another person, the requester must then submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of Global Micro Solutions[s 53(2)(f)].
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee:
- Global Micro Solutions will notify the requester (other than a personal requester) by notice, requiring the requester to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request [s 54(1)].
- The fee that the requester must pay to Global Micro Solutions is R50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee [s 54(3)(b)].
- After Global Micro Solutions has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form.
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid to Global Micro Solutions for the search, reproduction, preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure [s 54(6)].
6. Availability of the manual [Section 51(3)]
A copy of this manual is available for inspection upon request at the offices of Global Micro Solutions (as set out in Section 2 above).